Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome Home...

Hello Blog! Long time, no write!


I think I have quite a blogworthy post finally. :-)


sooo... It's been a while, and a lot has changed since my last post. I'll try and keep it as simple and non-boring as I can.


On July 21, John quit his job with Knight Office Solutions, because he and the company just weren't compatible. He wasn't really sure what he wanted to do once he quit, but we knew that we couldn't afford for him to not work at all.


On July 26, I sent out an email to the staff at Oak Hills that basically said "Hey! John's not working, but if you'd like to help us out - John can detail your car for cheap!" Oh. My. Goodness. Within 20 minutes the rest of that week was totally booked! He extended a great price to the OHC staff, and word has just continued to spread. Here it is - now the middle of September, and he has been booked solid since! There have literally been 2 days (not counting sundays) that he hasn't scheduled a car. It's been unbelievable! At first we joked about him just continuing to do cars (it was making almost double the money he was making at Knight Office), and not looking for a job. He had a few dead-end interviews, so he just kept detailing cars....


Fast Forward to late August... John and I were having a random conversation and something came up about my grandfather's shop that he had in Buna. He used to do some car remodeling, and carpentry inside. I have lots of memories in there from when I was younger! Fun times...

Anyways - that interested John, so I told him I would just throw the idea out to my dad. My grandfather is now in the nursing home, so there's a pretty good chance he would never operate out of the shop again. :-(

I sent my dad a text message: "Do you have the keys to gpapa's shop?" , "Yes, why?"


I called him - told him our idea. He said that it was so strange - he had been thinking about that shop for the past month, and wondered what he could do with it - he didn't want to see it get run down and fall to pieces.


Soooo.... *insert a bunch of boring details here*. John and I visited the shop and Gpapa's little house right next to it on Labor Day weekend. Both buildings need a lot of work, and clean up - thanks to Hurricanes Rita and Ike, but when John walked in - he saw a blank canvas. Both places have such potential, and could really be fixed up nice.


When I moved to San Antonio on August 13 2005, i wanted out immediately. My main goal in life became "How am I gonna get out of this place?" Several times I've asked God to let me move home, and several times, God has said "NO!" There have been times I was angry, because there was so much going on, and I was so far away. I've missed weddings, funerals & significant events in the lives of many of my family, but God has kept me in San Antonio. I do find it a bit ironic that once I finally settled in, and accepted that I was going to be in San Antonio, and got all comfy cozy with my feet up, God was like "Welp, time to go, Melissa!" I questioned it and questioned it, and prayed for clarity, and God has given us that through several different events - both big and small.



San Antonio has brought me some of the most wonderful things in my life as well. I met and married the most wonderful husband! I got to feel what it was like to be pregnant, even if it was for a short time. I've grown some wonderful friendships. I've had some incredible singing opportunities... I mean, I've sang with Kim Hill, Melissa Lawson (Winner of Nashville Star), Michael Boggs (Of FFH), and Michael W. Smith!!! I mean - for a small town country girl - these things are HUGE! Not to mention I've worked with Max Lucado for 5 years.


There are things, however, that are in our lives for just a season, and over the past few weeks, God has revealed to us - San Antonio is one of those.


After much prayer and consideration - John and I will be leaving San Antonio, and heading to Buna to pursue building his business, Perfections Detail. We have no idea what we're doing - how to run a small business, remodel a house, and a shop... I have LOTS of researching to do between now and then. I know one thing for sure - QuickBooks!!



Our projected "leave San Antonio" date is - November 26-27. We will spend Thanksgiving with John's family, and then hopefully roll out a couple of days after that.


This has been a very tough decision, as I'm having a very hard time leaving Oak Hills. This is my family. They have seen me through some of my worst times, but they have also gotten to rejoice with me in celebrations as well!


I ask that you pray. Pray for John and I as we embark on this new journey. We really don't have any financial resources to take this project on, but i know that if God is telling us to do this - then He will provide those resources.


I will do my best to keep the blog updated with pictures and progress for my friends who will be far away!


until next post...

The future Perfections Detail & Parker House!

7 comments:

Jeff & Heather said...

What exciting news!!! God is perfect in his timing and it sounds like you guys are about to start a really wonderful (perfectly timed) adventure! Keep posting updates and know that we are praying for you both!

Jo said...

What exciting news!!! :)

Let me know when y'all move back! My car is definitely in need of some detailing!!!

Unknown said...

Hello, you have a nice blog, I like it! really nice you made a good job.
http://knowledgematerial.blogspot.com

Sukrati Johri said...

Nice Post! Thanks for sharing it globally. To get any help directly for Hotmail password call us on this number 08004101016 or visit us at http://www.passwordhelp.co.uk/services/hotmail-contact-telephone-number.html.

Sukrati Johri said...

This was an amazing post. Thanks for sharing it. To get any yahoo help you can directly call our yahoo customer service contact number 0800 058 8156 or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/yahoo-forget-password-recover-helpline-number/.

Sukrati Johri said...

It is a very nicely written blog. To get any help directly for BT Password call us on this number or visit us at http://www.customercarenumber.co.uk/bt-com-change-password-reset-help/.

Sukrati Johri said...

Hello, Your Blog is great. If you need any help in website designing please visit us at http://anomla.com/website_design_company.html.